Some call them ribs, those who call them ribs, who still call them ribs or ribs. In Naples, they are called tracchiulelle. It is a cut of meat obtained from the side of the pig, which can be cooked whole in large or smaller pieces. Tasty, tasty and not too expensive, the ribs are versatile and can be prepared in different ways, as we also have for sausages. There is only the embarrassment of choice, and I often change because it is a dish that adapts to any period of the year. In this article, we read about How to cook prime rib?
If they are perfect next to polenta in the colder months, going towards the warmer season, I prefer to prepare them in a pan or the oven. Then when summer arrives, there is no doubt: the embers are perfect! The truth is, how you do them, they always win. However, attention must be paid not because they are not dry and stringy, thus ruining the result. So today, we see some recipes for making pork ribs, but first, some suggestions to make them tender and succulent.
SOFT PORK RIBS? ALL THE TRICKS FOR A PERFECT RESULT
Rest out of the fridge, a long marinade and simmering: here are some simple tricks to make excellent pork ribs. Regardless of the type of recipe you are making, these suggestions are always valid. Let’s see them in detail.
REST AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
To prevent the meat from becoming stringy, adequate rest at room temperature is essential. In this way, thermal shock is avoided, caused by the passage from the fridge to the flame, which would cause the meat to dry out during cooking. By leaving them out, however, the fibres relax, and the heart remains tender.
THE MARINADE TO COOK PRIME RIB
The marinade is essential, not only to flavour the meat but also to make it more tender. Depending on the recipe you have to follow, you can customize them with various aromas. In general, however, salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and wine are the ingredients that cannot be missing. To these, you can add other spices such as sweet paprika, ginger, chilli, honey or vinegar. Carefully massage the meat for a few minutes, then cover and let it rest for a minimum of an hour to a whole night, according to the recipe you are making.
COOKING: LOW HEAT AND UNHURRIED
Another precaution to follow is not to speed up cooking with too high a flame. This must be lively only in the initial phase, i.e. the time it takes to caramelize the outside so that the surface is well sealed and the juices remain inside. Depending on the recipe chosen, cooking could take over an hour, but to realize if it is ready or not, try to detach a piece: if you have difficulty in separating it from the bone, you have to continue a little longer; if on the contrary, it comes off easily, call everyone to the table!
PORK RIBS: THREE SUCCULENT RECIPES
After seeing the tricks to make pork ribs tender and soft, here are three recipes to try: the first involves baking and a light glaze, the second a beautiful browning and then cooking in a pan, and finally the third is stewed, with a thick and velvety sauce.
BAKED GLAZED RIBS
I ate them in a shelter during one of my walks in the mountains. It was raining, cold, and when the manager offered them to us, I couldn’t resist. Once at home then I tried to reproduce the dish. This personalized recipe involves double cooking, one on flame, the other in the oven.
- 1 kg of pork ribs
- One clove of garlic
- One sprig of rosemary
- 100 g of wildflower honey
- One tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- First, dry the ribs with kitchen paper, then massage the meat with a mix of salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic cut into strips and let them rest for at least half an hour.
- Heat the honey until liquid. Add the vinegar and mix. With a brush, brush the entire surface of the ribs, trying to seal well. Cover with cling film and then refrigerate for at least three hours.
3. Remove and let it rest at room temperature for another half hour. Heat a little oil in a pan suitable for cooking over a flame and in the oven to cook prime rib. Arrange the ribs and brown them. When the surface has healed, blend with the red wine.
4. Once the wine has evaporated, transfer to a hot oven at 190 ° C for at least 40 minutes or, in any case, until they are golden brown. Cooking also depends on the size with which the ribs are cut. Leave to rest with the oven off for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Also read: how to remove super glue from skin