It depends on the size of the potatoes, the fire, the amount, and the pot used. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to cook four or five medium potatoes in a regular pot. First, use a high fire. Please turn it on and change it to low fire, but it’s best to use chopsticks halfway through it. In this article, we read about How long to boil potatoes?
How long to boil potatoes
Selection of potatoes to boil potatoes
Choose yellow-hearted potatoes for boiled potatoes. Baixin’s potatoes are not cooked “flour.” They are only suitable for “fried potato shreds.”
How to cook potatoes
- Wash, peel, and rinse.
- Put the whole (don’t cut small) potatoes into cold water and cook. Potatoes have been submerged in water. Bring to a boil, cook the “flour” on medium heat. It takes about 30 minutes, and you can insert it with chopsticks. The steaming method in a pressure cooker is also possible, and the fire time is about 15 minutes.
Tips for boiling potatoes
Potatoes are one of the ingredients for home cooking, and there are countless ways to cook potatoes. Potatoes are crispy and rich in nutrients. Expert studies have found that eating 5-6 potatoes per person per week can reduce the chance of stroke by 40%. Since potatoes are so good, we must pay attention to cooking skills and do not live up to the excellent nutrition of potatoes.
Here are six tips for cooking potatoes.
- Potatoes need to be boiled with a slow fire to be evenly cooked. If they are burned quickly, the outer layer will become rotten or even cracked to boil potatoes, but the inside will be raw. This is a critical point in the tips of cooking potatoes.
- When making potato vegetable peeling, only a thin layer should be peeled off because the juice under the potato skin is rich in protein. If the peeled potatoes are not boiled immediately, they should be soaked in cold water to avoid blackening, but they should not be soaked for too long to prevent the loss of nutrients.
- Potatoes stored for a long time often have blue and cyan spots on the surface, unsightly when garnished. If you put some vinegar (one tablespoon per kilogram of potatoes) in the water for boiling potatoes, the spots will disappear.
- Peeled potatoes should be stored in cold water, and then add a little vinegar to the water to make the potatoes not discolored.
- Floury potatoes will be rotten once they are boiled, and it isn’t easy to keep them intact even if they are cooked with their skins. Suppose it is used for cold mix or diced potatoes. In that case, you can add some salt water or the vinegar of pickled vegetables to the water for boiling the potatoes, and the potatoes will remain to the intact after being burned.
- Soak the new potatoes in hot water, then put them in cold water. It is easy to peel off the skin. It can be used for cooking.
Also read: iphone x price in Pakistan.